
Yay it's my birthday today! :)
*pops champagne*
and YAY it's my TWENTYFIRST BIRTHDAY today
*pops 2 champagne*
Hahahahahaha I'm a little disoriented after realizing the clock has hit 12 and I'm officially 21. It's not a big deal, but it's kinda like a benchmark that I've reached? Like......a midlife crisis kinda thing? BUT obviously a very different issue.
Well we always think birthdays are a huge hoohaa before it happens. There's always that few markers in the months before your birthday where you decide to make a really big party, or have a small intimate dinner with your close friends. But either way, it always ends up differently than how you initially planned it to be. In march, I was so sure I was going to have a huge chalet party at NSRCC for my birthday, hire a bartender, get loud hiphop music machiam a club, and invite ALL my friends from my primary to university ones. I even had my friends to help me check out the pricings, the availability of the bartender etc etc. Then, 1 month later, zipaboom, I decided it was too much of a hassle, and had a plan B: get a smaller chalet and invite only my closer friends. Then, a few months later, I decided that I didn't have enough money and I shouldn't spend so much at one go, and decided that I shall perhaps just go book a karaoke room or have a small party at home. And then I didn't know what went into me but after giving it a good thought over countless nights, I decided that the best way (and perhaps the only way my 21st can be the happiest) is to do what I always wanted to do: fly to Korea.
So, plans made, mum scheme approved, companionship to the farfaraway land confirmed, TICKETS BOOKED. :D Initially I didn't even want to have dinner with anyone cause it was so much of a hassle, and I'm really really lazy to call people out and book appointments with them (I'm not really good with rara-ing people when it comes to things that involve me), so wanted to just have a nice quiet birthday with my mummy at home. But after I told some people, they were all like "WHUTT??? NOOOOOOO!"
I don't get it. Hahaha I still don't. But their insistence has persuaded me to get my lazy ass up and ask people out for dinner.....Ok, PLAN to ask. I haven't actually done it.
I'm lazy. Oh gosh. Even my own birthday, I am.
But point is, plans somehow don't always work out how you want them to. People are so fickle, they change their minds with a flick of their finger....or hair. Bimbo style.
It's not just me. It's a lot of other people I know.
My mum asked how I intend to celebrate my birthday, and I told her, "I don't know. At home lor." and she got so worried and was asking me if I had no friends. Really wanted to ROFLMAO at her in the face but I wouldn't be her daughter if I did that in front of her. My mum has the weirdest imagination sometimes. She asked if I wanted to book a karaoke room and invite all my cousins and friends together to sing and when I rejected the idea, she got worried again and asked, "Why???? Why you so antisocial???"
I don't know how to react to that. I still don't.
Hahaha is it funny that I find all of it amusing? It's like if I ever get engaged, and I decide to not hold a wedding dinner and just have the solemnization with a small group of people, she'll probably have a breakdown and think that her daughter has no friends, thus she can't have a wedding dinner. Although if I actually do that, it'll obviously be because I like it that way.
I digress.
I just don't feel in the mood for a big birthday this year. And although it's my 21st, and honestly *pinky swear* I did try to make it a little more memorable like forcing myself to buy new clothes and stuff (which I didn't in the end), this year just wasn't the epic year for me. Swey swey it's my 21st lah. But then again looking on the bright side, there's always my 22nd next year. And if I want it to be, 22nd can be an epic year for me. Who says being 21 is the most important? Dare to be different yarh.
Hold on while I switch off my facebook notifications.
Argh.
Ok. Done. Now no more beeping and ringing and vibrating till tomorrow is over.
PPP tomorrow, and initial plans to chill has been cancelled since we're using Evon's house and she can't leave till everyone leaves so.....plans cancelled. Shall see what we can do tomorrow. If nothing goes well and nothing can be done and I end up being lazy again, I shall just go home. Don't really feel like compromising, especially on my birthday. On the one day in a year that I feel like I have the right to be a queen, I don't want to compromise on that.
Actually, either way plans had to be cancelled since half of the people aren't even aware of it. Can't say I'm not disappointed but I'm trying my best not to feel about it.
Had korean bbq dinner with dad and his wife today, now my stomach's like a ball.
Mummy got me a key necklace (after much hinting), enkee got me a massager (???? IKR haha but its cute), and wanling got me a cap with dj's towel. Daddy actually got me a pair of shoes, but it was a size too small (and the design was...... -.-). Looks like tomorrow's gonna be a busy day for me. Let's hope it'll all go smoothly! :)
Can't wait for Dec 12th to come where I can say byebye to Singapore and enjoy my much belated birthday celebration with joysu and snow in korea. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gotta go sleep off my water retention-ed face.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxx,
Mrs Micky
No comments:
Post a Comment