I know it’s a little bit early to be writing resolutions…but technically it’s already 1.25am over here and that means it’s already New Year’s Eve. Don’t wanna leave things to the last minute like I do every year, which ends up in a very lousy and half-hearted resolution-making. I won’t have time (or mood) to do it
tomorrow
today anyway, so here goes.
Things I will and will not be missing in 2011:
I will miss:
1. My end of Year 2 and start of Year 3 semesters (duh)
Tbh, although school has been a nightmare for me…I can’t say that it has been altogether unfulfilling and miserable. Academics wise, yeah that sucked, but Uni was where all my dreams began to make sense. I picked up dance, I learnt new lessons, realised my dreams and constraints and made many new and true friends. It kinda made me a stronger and matured person I think. And although I’m half excited about graduating next semester, I’m also worried…and reluctant. :) Oh well.
2. Concerts/performances and shaved milos…..with sleepovers
Even though Year 1 Sem 2 was my busiest dance semester ever (and maybe my most enjoyable ones), 2011 held the most memorable concerts and performances probably. Including practices. It was a year where as a senior I could now judge more because of what I see/know, and also appreciate the status of being a senior in Blast. It was a chance to bond with juniors and start treating them like your fellow friends. It was a period where I broke out of my stagnant stage in dance and began to move a little bit up the ladder. Which was perhaps the best thing ever to happen in 2011. Self-improvement. Hmmmm…. Aside from that, practices was fun. I finally got to attempt a sexy item (one thing checked off my list) and found my calling…? I got to do a kpop item with my favorite people and choreographers (yoojin and rasoo hooray!). I got to bond closer with a lot more people in Blast, and most importantly I enjoyed every minute of post practices with great company and ice-milos. And of course sleep-overs that was supposed to be for 8am tutorials but ended up talking the entire night through…and sleeping on the floor. :|
Still…I’ll definitely be missing performances a lot more since next semester is going to be hectic. Dance, wait for me!
3. Korean Lessons
I know it’s funny that I say I’ll miss korean lessons since obviously I won’t stop learning it…but next semester since I won’t be learning korean 6 with the rest I know I’ll definitely be miserable for quite awhile. I never expected my modules to be so all over the place, and just by one module difference I can’t take Korean 6 unless I take on 7modules next semester…which is crazy…which is why…No korean 6. *WAILS*
I’ll miss 선생님, 반친구-언니랑 동생들, projects which are fun and crazy at the same time, and just the 6-8pm lessons 3 times a week. I’ll miss the routinity of it. I’ll miss early dinners with Amylia :( Ohwell I’ll just have to make time for lunch then :)))
4. Shopping in bugis and Taimei binges
2011 held a lot of shopping trips to bugis, for the sake of costumes (during emcc and SUAD) and after just for the sake of it. The few times we went for ‘window shopping’ and ended up buying something just because. The Taimei lunches we ate while shopping during every trip…There’s so much that I can’t recall.
5. Starbucks in Utown
It’s definitely not gonna end this year because next and last semester, I’m going there every single week without fail. It’s the last semester where I can be cheapo and drink all the starbucks with NUS student discount before I graduate.
And all the studying sessions with yoojin, evon and the rest while drinking coffee and loitering for 4-6 hours straight…ah memories. Random photobooth sessions, laughing and attempts to study, I’ll definitely miss all of it when I graduate. But till then….let’s just skip that.
6. Internship
Definitely one thing I’d be missing would be the internship stint I did back in June. Although it was the wrong job, with all the wrong turns, somehow I really did enjoyed myself there. Met nice people who were all friendly and easy-going, and able to accept my never-ending talking habits. I wonder if they ever got irritated that I talk too much though. Learnt new stuffs related to marketing and made connections. And of course that period also had that whole saga about he who shall not be named…I’ll never be able to have another internship again since I’m graduating next semester but it was a nice and enriching experience, one that I’ll miss.
7. Korea Trip
Ok, there’s probably a lot a lot more that I’m going to miss, but perhaps the best thing and the most memorable thing will have to be my Korea trip just recently with enkee, yoojin and joysu. It’s nothing huge really, I mean it’s just a normal holiday overseas. But it’s my first trip out of my own pocket, and I planned the itinerary, booked the flight tickets and hotel and everything. I guess after everything ends, I really felt the immense satisfaction after the planning and everything. What else…Oh, who can forget the freezing weather, the winter clothings, heat packs, running through the streets cause its so damn cold, shopping shopping and more shopping, cafe trips and clubbing…and then falling sick and catching a fever. I know I should have finished up my Korea trip posts by now but I’m so damn lazy. I’ll do it soon. In 2012. ^^
There’s so much to miss about the trip, and so much more to do next time when I visit Korea again.
Wanderlust. :) I like.
I won’t be missing:
1. Crazy people and not so awesome ‘friends’
I mean, 2011 has its fair share of weird and insincere people all around. I’ve gained and lost many friends, which I know it’s bad to call them weeds, but they are. And I’m glad they’re out of my life and I hope it will stay this way.
2. Academics failing
Hm…I have myself to blame for this (and dance), but either way I still feel like it can’t be helped that academics has never been one of my priorities. Still, of course I wish I can forget all about the lousy grades and move on in life. :)
3. Getting nagged at everyday
4. Being depressed
5. Internship
Just like how I liked it, I also disliked it pretty much. I mean, I miss the idea of being with my colleagues and doing an internship, but I definitely will not miss working there ever again. It’s just not the job I wanted I guess.
6. Insects flying into my house everynight
I WILL DEFINITELY COMPLETELY TOTALLY NOT MISS IT. So please bugs, for 2012 stop flying into my room every now and then you guys feel like it. Please stop so that I can leave my window open wide. PLEASE.
And so, for the new resolutions needed to make as by tradition, and often not achieved… I shall try my best again this year.
2012 Resolutions:
1. Be a little more diligent in academics
2. Be nicer, friendlier, more sincere
3. Stop complaining so much and just DO IT
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle - work out, eat well, and look good
5. Dance like there’s nobody watching
6. Start being less independent and rely on others for a change. “You’re not alone”
7. SAVE MONEHHHH and pay off debts
8. Finish up the Korea blog posts
9. Stop being lazy
10. Start up Eve&Beckha
and….
11. Stop being so bimbo
OKAY DONE.
Although much of it was half-heartedly decided upon, I guess I shouldn’t promise myself to do so many things at one time. Overload and nothing will be done. :)
Now awaiting midnight and countdown shall start!
Once 2012 hits, I’ll be 22 and it’s gonna be a whole new year again.
HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIENDS!!!
Have a great and awesome year ahead!

xxx,
MrsMicky

No comments:
Post a Comment