I think my only goal in life is to be free, judging by how much I talk about things that has only one thing at the end: freedom.
My group mates called me a hippie. Is that the right term for it?
I don't listen to psychedelic rock, I'm not part of the sexual revolution and I don't take drugs.
But then again that was the past definition, nobody takes the term seriously nowadays.
"My view is that being a hippie is a matter of accepting a universal belief system that transcends the social, political, and moral norms of any established structure, be it a class, church, or government."
- The Way of the Hippy
I seek freedom like it's nirvana. Although much like 'happiness' I know it isn't a destination and it isn't an ending point, I still constantly reach out for it, marking it at the end of my resolution list of 'To-Do'. I re-create endless lists of "How to be Happy", "What you can do to be free", and the lists go on, all unchecked.
I don't have freedom. I lack it.
Perhaps it's my fault, perhaps it isn't. Who knows.
I want freedom, and I want it for everyone else.
I want everyone to use their freedom for good, for the better purpose, for everyone to be happy.
It sounds delusional, because everytime I say it someone will look me in the eye and call me a "bimbo who only knows world peace".
I'm not looking for someone to share my point of view, it's hard.
The belief is only mine to keep.
I wouldn't mind living small to feel big. No amount of luxury could make you feel at peace if you don't feel that you're doing the right thing.
Yeah, I could say that now, but at the end I still have bills to pay and commitments to fulfill.
And those dreams forever remain as dreams.
Which is why I'll forever be chasing them.
xxx,
Mrs Micky
No comments:
Post a Comment