Thursday, June 14, 2012

Inspiration in interest

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. 
- Henry Miller 



Haven't been blogging much lately because there's really nothing to update on. Lack of photos, lack of interesting things....pretty much just lack of an adventure. While I would say that life isn't all that monotonous, it still isn't interesting enough to be inspiring. When life doesn't inspire, what can?

Aftermath of S24 has led life to a standstill - momentary i hope, but still life is slower, passes like a snail crawling along its 100m path.  Still jobless but yet not bumming. I hope there's a difference. :D I spend most of my time nowadays doodling, sewing and basically just doing everything I wanna do, without restrictions. Almost the best time in my 22 years of life ever, with the exception of the yelling/nagging mum constantly asking me to find a job.

And now, I'm at the beckon of my mum who lectures me daily on how I am still unemployed while the rest of the world is moving on. Yes mum, I know I'm not like the rest. You mean you haven't noticed till now?

Finding a job is good at all, I also want to be employed. The notion of 'doing something substantial', having a steady income (which means more shopping for me), and self satisfaction (i hope). It's perhaps that I don't understand why I'm forcing myself to settle for less simply because I'm in a rush to find a perm job. Wait, am I even in a rush? Should I be?

Different people have different takes on this. My mum (and maybe my dad) for one, hopes with ALL THEIR HEART that I'll be employed by the end of this month, so that I can start paying my bills, and THEIR bills. Others (parents included) tell me that there is really no rush for me to settle for any banal job because once I start I'll be working for the rest of my life, and because of that I should really be enjoying my free time while I can instead of jumping head down into a perm job. Of course, if I can get a perm job at a prestigious company, then why not. Duh.

I hate to be angsting about my lack of a job, because it is precisely what I told myself NOT to do last year. So, I shall not.

Am trying my hardest to rack my brains for a more interesting post to write. I need inspiration. As of now life is......at times really complicated. It's bland, but troubling. The worst mixture ever? Hahaha, but still I have a lot to be thankful for. A lot a lot.

SO MANY THINGS TO DO SO LITTLE TIME.





xxx,
Mrs Micky


































No comments:

Post a Comment