Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spare time: A cuppa or two, and some doodles



For the first time in awhile, I finally find myself with spare time to sit down and just drink a cup of tea, doodle here and there and reembark on my maplestory mission. Been a long long while since I can finally sit in my room for a few hours not having something to worry about or somewhere to rush off to. It feels good actually, like the life I should have been living 4 months ago when I burned my notes and started on my newly graduate life. Why have I waited 4 months then?? Well, maybe here's why:

1) The overly promising excitement that graduate life brings.

Yeah, the moment we threw our mortar boards up in the air and said goodbye to the much hated school with our degree scrolls in hand kinda marked the beginning of a 'who cares i'm going to do whatever i want' segment in our lives. We all expected the adventures to come rolling in; the late nights out, the overseas trips, chilling out everyday because we can, spend all the money in the world because we can always work later, and just, everything that we can get to do without studies and obligations in the way. Graduate life is well.....it sounds good. And it's probably good for the majority who can afford it and well, who are well disciplined enough, Let's just say that I'm one of the rare few who doesn't really know what she wants. Ok let's not go there.

For the month after graduation, I kinda found myself striving to achieve many things. I doodled, I came up with many ideas for Eve&Beckha, tried hard to choreo for the first time, and many many more. I told myself in a few months time here's where I'll be, made goals for myself and strived to make the best out of my time. I think perhaps I've had been anticipating graduation for so long that I lost track of what it really means to graduate. That it means entering a new phase of my life that means more responsibilities, obligations and definitely more restrictions. Perhaps graduate life has over-promised me many things (many of which I put on myself), but still, I don't believe I can't make it work out from here on out. So, one of the many ways I have managed to waste away 4 months of my life.

2) S24: The Wedding Crashers

Right after exams ended, I dived headdown into yet another competition with several of my friends. On hindsight, I wouldn't say that S24 was a wasted experience because I did make many new friends, new experiences, learnt new lessons. And if I never joined S24, I would never have had that drama episode, and I would have never met the special boy right now. But it did take up a lot of my time though, which is why it's ranking 2nd in my recollection. Right from end of April all the way till 3rd July, we slogged and chionged our way through a seemingly tough experience. Late nights and many demoralizing practices (tearful for some) kinda make me feel like I might not have chosen to join S24 if I knew all of this now. But, for that special boy, I think I'll do S24 anytime again just to know I can get to see him (well I'm saying this now as the older me, I'm not sure I would have said all this a few months ago).

3) S24 X Running Man

It was but a one day experience for the rest of them, but for Jess, Char and me it kinda took an entire month to plan this shit. Looking back again, I really wasted an entire month of my time for a day which not everybody appreciated. But I'm still glad Jess managed to push me off my lazy ass to put something in motion. Not everybody is capable of doing that. Jesskongsan, you're awesome :)

4) SUAD 2012

And then it was off to another 3 months worth of gruelling heartbreaking sweat inducing yet heartwarming practices in preparation for Blast's annual concert. I must have be insane though, to put myself up for 4 items (4.5 to be exact). It wasn't really something that I planned though. Got allocated Ctweina and Winzee, both of which I knew I HAD TO BE IN. Then well there was BFS, the item that almost all S24 members were in so somehow I also gian to be in it. Then then, the glamourous beyonce item that zw and jess were happily promoting, and somehow I found myself in it as well. And then there was that female cameo part in Jasper's item and again somehow I'm in it. So, 4.5 items = 6 days of practices a week. How does that leave me any time to do anything. Ok that wasn't a question.

I was never a person who could multitask well anyway. Ok correction, multitask things that I don't like. I could never do it.




Well, now that SUAD is over, perhaps it kinda sums up why I finally have time to rest and sift through my resumes again and start sending them. Yes, I'm unemployed and penniless. But well in any case, I'll be sure to get rid of my laziness and start finding a job again. After all, now I have two mouths to feed. Oh, with my mum, that makes 3.

And in response to any questions or all the questions that have been directed at me since I got attached, yes, dating does take up alot of my time as well. But it isn't in my list, because its isn't considered a waste of my time. And even if it does, it's not going to end anytime soon, so, no need to put that in.

Just as I'm typing this entire post about how I've been wasting my time as a graduate, NUS sends me their AlumNUS card. Ooh, speak of the devil. Ok I like it, it's pretty and promises great discounts and deals (beer market anyone?) and I just like the idea of having a card to myself that tells me I'm an alumni every now and then.

I should probably continue on doodling. So far, I've gotten myself an owl and a whale. Shall find another animal to doodle. This post has taken me from sunup to sundown. Amazing.


here's some polar bears for you to see


The boy has woken from his deep slumber. I shall get back to being a full time gf.

Goodbye.



xxx,
Mrs Micky

No comments:

Post a Comment